Who wants to learn something new? Love fringe, but want to take it to the next level? Well then, you’re in the right place, because in today’s tutorial, I’m going to show you how to make lattice knot fringe.
Whattice knot fringe? Lattice! It’s a fancy type of fringe that is actually a macrame technique, crossing parts of one fringe over another to be tied together with yet another. I’m not going to lie, it’s not the easiest thing, but you can do it, I promise!
Following the photo tutorial is a video tutorial, just in case you need to see it in action.
- This technique starts with a traditional fringe. Need to see that tutorial? Click here.
- Drop length is the length measured from the attachment point of the fringe to the tips of it.
- You will need at least 6″ of drop length for each row of lattice knots you intend to work, i.e. 2 rows of knots = 12″ drop length
- I suggest keeping fringe that you’re not ready for flipped up and out of the way until you’re ready for it.
- Tie your knots loosely at first. This will enable you to adjust them as needed later.
- When you are done with your lattice knots and are ready to trim, I recommend a rotary cutter if you have one.
If you want to see this stitch in action, I’ve recorded a video tutorial for you as well!
I hope you liked this tutorial! Let me know if there are any stitches you would like to see future tutorials made for!
Until next time!
Want to stay up to date on all the latest tutorials, patterns, travels, and book reviews? How about exclusive offers and content delivered right to your inbox? Be sure to sign up for my email list and I’ll send you monthly recaps about what has been happening on the blog, as well as information I think you might find interesting! I try not to be spammy and you can unsubscribe at any time. Oh, and did I mention the exclusive content? I want to send you my handy Blanket Sizes sheet as a thank you for signing up! Find more info here, or click the button below to sign up now!
© Kristen Caldwell, all rights reserved. The content and photos contained on this page, unless otherwise stated, are the property of Kristen Caldwell, all rights reserved. In accordance with U.S. copyright laws, you may not alter, sell, or distribute this material in whole or in part, in any way without express written permission from Kristen Caldwell.