Hey there my bookish friends!
For whatever reason, I completely smashed my book goal this year, reading well over 100 books! That means I have even more books to share on my Best Reads of 2023! These are all the books I absolutely loved and ones that have stuck out in my head long after the last page was turned. Because there are so many, I’m focusing only on my 5 star reads with some high-quality 4 star books thrown in as honorable mention.
What pattern is that?
The pattern featured with the book stack in this photo is the Cozy Fireside Wrap – a free pocket scarf pattern here on my blog!
5 Star Reads
I don’t give out 5 stars easily, so if its in this section, it’s worth your time! Let’s get things started right! In no particular order, here are my 5 star reads for 2023! In no particular order…
- The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn – about a female sniper in the Red Army during WW2, Kate Quinn does it again!
- Thank You for Listening by Julia Whelan – a definite MUST on audiobook by one of the industry’s most favorite audiobook narrators
- When We Left Cuba by Chanel Cleeton – my favorite of the series so far!
- Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt – such a beautiful moving story to sit in your feelings with
- A River Enchanted by Rebecca Ross – Completely captivating, another great duology from the author who wrote Divine Rivals
- The Echo of Old Books by Barbara Davis – Books, romance, and a mysterious affair, what’s not to love?
- Meet Me at the Lake by Carley Fortune – Will is definitely one of my top book boyfriends
- Finding Me by Viola Davis – Another MUST on audio as it is read by the author
- The Wishing Game by Meg Shaffer – Like if Willy Wonka were an author, such an imaginative read
- Spare by Prince Henry – Another great one to listen to on audio to hear it read by the author
- A Little Magic by Lindsey Lanza – all the comfort of a Hallmark holiday movie in a book
The following books may not have gotten a full 5 stars from me but are absolutely worth your time! In no particular order…
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes – Historical fiction set in Appalachia about the traveling library set up by Eleanor Roosevelt, featuring a cast of strong women and the friendship between them
- The Witches of Bone Hill by Ava Morgyn – Magic, mystery, suspense, romance, and a dark and spooky atmosphere, this book has all the hallmarks of a great mood read
- Of Manners and Murder by Anastasia Hastings – absolutely delightful, like a murder in Bridgerton being solved by Enola Holmes
- The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women by Kate Moore – an insightful look into the lives of the women who were betrayed by their employers and went on to see justice that inspired much of the workers’ compensation legislation we have today
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas – I’ve enjoyed it more than ACOTAR
- Vera Wong’s Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q Sutanto – This might be my favorite audiobook of the year, I absolutely loved Vera! I laughed out loud so many times!
- Weyward by Emillia Hart – atmospheric and full of female power
- Fourth Wing and Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros – not too original, but such fun!
- Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross – love letters on magical typewriters, sigh…
2023 was another great year for this reader! I can’t wait to see what 2024 brings! Are there any books here that you’ve read? Any you’re looking forward to this coming year?
Happy New Year!
Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you never miss a review! You can also sign up for my newsletter for a recap of titles read, crochet patterns I’ve released, and more! I only send it out sporadically so that I don’t spam you, promise. 😉