Thanks so much for your interest in becoming a pattern tester for me! If you’re here, you’re applying to test my Pathways to Hope Beanie crochet pattern for me, so let’s get to it, shall we?
This gorgeously textured beanie uses chunky yarn and super tall stitches to work up quickly and to create those fun braids. I have to say, there’s something oh-so-satisfying about working those braids! And it’s easier than it looks, I promise! It’s the perfect Netflix and Stitch project!
The pattern includes stitch tutorials with linked video tutorials, supplemental pattern photos, and a stitch chart.
Size: Multiple sizes + 2 height options; see chart below.
Yarn: 150-290 yds / 140 – 265 m of CYC 5 Bulky weight yarn (shown in Hobby Lobby I Love This Chunky); Required yds/m are listed by size and length in the chart below.
Hook: 6.5mm / K
Other Materials: Faux fur pompom (optional)
Terms: US Terms
Skill Level: Intermediate
Test Begins: ASAP
Due Date: September 30, 2021
You’ll get the first crack at a brand new pattern, a free PDF version of the finished pattern when it is available, increased exposure to your own social media presence, make some new friends, and maybe even learn something new! So if that sounds good to you, read on!
What I’m Looking For
I am looking for detail-oriented crocheters of varying levels of experience (beginners welcome!) to help me make my new patterns the best they can be. I try not to be too needy, but do require the following:
- Slack: I run pattern tests on Slack, a free app for phone, tablet, and desktop that can be found in most app stores. I find it very useful in uploading files (like pattern revisions, non-compressed photos, etc.) to be shared with a particular workgroup/channel, and the entire testing group, as well as myself, will be available to answer questions if the need arises. You can create your free account at Slack.com.
- Notes: I stare at this pattern so much that I become blind to the little things, so I will need you to be on the lookout for any errors in grammar, punctuation, technical aspects, etc. Be detailed, you won’t hurt my feelings :o)
- Social Media: Must have a public Instagram and/or Facebook profile to share photos to using the hashtag(s) you will find in the pattern.
- Photos: Please send at least one progress and one finished project photo, submitted to me with your notes, as well as posted on social media. Please ensure they are well-lit, natural light where possible. I will be sharing your work on my social media as well via Stories or main feed, with proper credit to you of course!
- Deadlines: Adhering to due dates is ESSENTIAL. Please ensure that you have submitted all notes and photos to me NO LATER THAN August 15, 2021. If you feel you may not be able to adhere to this date, please apply at another time.
- Copyright: By applying to test, you assert your promise to protect my intellectual property by not copying, reproducing, or distributing my pattern.
If You Feel Inclined
The next few things are not required, but if you feel like doing it, I would sure appreciate it!
- Add your project to Ravelry
- Post additional progress or project photos
- Promote the release on social media
- Tell all your maker buddies (only if you love it!)
If you’re cool with all of that, click the button below to take you to a Google Form to submit your application. I can’t wait to get to know you and see your finished cowl!
Thanks for your interest!
Want first dibs on being a pattern tester? Join my email newsletter! Not only will you get the earliest notice for tester calls, but you’ll also receive monthly recaps of what’s been happening on the blog (think new stitch tutorials and patterns that month, books reviewed, travel inspo, etc), exclusive content and discounts, special notice of other content-related news (special events like blog hops, Books, WIPs, + Sips Book Club discussions, etc), and the occasional freebie! You can choose the content you want to see, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
© Kristen Caldwell, all rights reserved. The content and photos contained on this page, unless otherwise stated, are the property of Kristen Caldwell, all rights reserved. In accordance with U.S. copyright laws, you may not alter, sell, or distribute this material in whole or in part, in any way without express written permission from Kristen Caldwell.