Thanks so much for your interest in becoming a pattern tester for me! If you’re here, you’re applying to test the Edith Ear Warmer pattern for me, so let’s get to it, shall we?
The mini-waffle texture of the stitch is deceptively simple. If you can half double crochet and work a rectangle, you can make this ear warmer!
I have marked the skill level for this beanie as “beginner,” so if you have learned the basics of crochet and are ready to put your new skills to the test, this is the perfect thing! The pattern includes photos, a stitch chart, tips and tricks, plus video support. Here’s the rundown.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Terms: US Standard
- Stitches: ch, sl st, hdc, TLO
- Size: Child 1-3 yrs, 3-5 yrs, 6-10 yrs, Adult small, medium, large
- Yarn: CYC 4 / Worsted
- Yardage: 227 to 250 yds / 208 to 217 m – See Size Chart below
- Hooks: 6mm/J (brim)
- Test Begins: As soon as you are selected and confirmed.
- Due Date: OCTOBER 8, 2023
- Full written pattern with supplemental photos, plus tips and tricks for novice pattern readers/crocheters
- Full photo tutorials (with supplemental video tutorials) for any special stitches – NOT applicable here, no special stitches
- Consolidated written pattern for more experienced crocheters
- Supplemental pattern video
- Stitch Chart
What I’m Looking For
I need multiple testers for all sizes listed. I am looking for detail-oriented crocheters of varying levels of experience (beginners welcome!) to help me make my patterns the best they can be. I try not to be too needy, but do require the following:
- Slack: I run pattern tests on Slack, a free app for phone, tablet, and desktop that can be found in most app stores. I find it very useful in uploading files (like pattern revisions, non-compressed photos, etc.) to be shared with a particular workgroup/channel, and the entire testing group, as well as myself, will be available to answer questions if the need arises. You can create your free account at Slack.com.
- Notes: I stare at this pattern so much that I become blind to the little things, so I will need you to be on the lookout for any errors in grammar, punctuation, technical aspects, etc. Be detailed, you won’t hurt my feelings :o)
- Photos: Please send at least one progress and one finished project photo, submitted to me with your notes.
- Please ensure they are clean and well-lit, natural light where possible. Avoid direct sunlight, which creates a hard contrast between the harsh light and shadows.
- Try to keep your work as the focus, keeping the photo uncluttered.
- I will be sharing your work on my social media as well via Stories or main feed, and anywhere else I promote the pattern, with proper credit to you of course!
- PUBLIC Social Media: It’s a beast, but it’s a must. Here’s why…
- I need to see samples of your work as part of the application process – I can’t approve what I can’t see.
- I would like you to share at least 1 photo of your work using the hashtag(s) you will find in the pattern – Instagram, Facebook, Ravelry, Reddit whatever platform you use. This helps me build excitement around the pattern.
- I want to give you proper credit and maybe throw some followers your way! If you share your work and tag me, I can share your work on my page too and that might get you some followers!
- Deadlines: Adhering to due dates is ESSENTIAL. Please ensure that you have submitted all notes and photos to me NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 8, 2023. If you feel you may not be able to adhere to this date, please apply at another time.
- Copyright: By applying to test, you assert your promise to protect my intellectual property by not copying, reproducing, or distributing my pattern.
If You Feel Inclined
The next few things are not required, but if you feel like doing it, I would sure appreciate it!
- Add your project to Ravelry – a tester code will be provided for the test.
- Post additional progress or project photos
- Promote the release on social media
- Tell all your maker buddies (only if you love it!)
If you’re cool with all of that, click the button below to take you to a Google Form to submit your application.
If you are selected, look for an email from me to confirm then an automated email invitation from me to join the Slack workspace channel I have created for the test. If you are selected and do not confirm your ability to test via reply to my email within 24 hours, you forfeit your slot and I will offer it to the next person.
Thanks for your interest!
Want first dibs on being a pattern tester? Join my email newsletter! Not only will you get the earliest notice for tester calls, but you’ll also receive monthly recaps of what’s been happening on the blog (think new stitch tutorials and patterns that month, books reviewed, travel inspo, etc), exclusive content and discounts, special notice of other content-related news (special events like blog hops, Books, WIPs, + Sips Book Club discussions, etc), and the occasional freebie! You can choose the content you want to see, and you can unsubscribe at any time.