Three Double Crochet Cluster 3dcCl Crochet Tutorial
Hello friends! I’m here today with a quick crochet tutorial for you for one of my favorite stitches. Who is ready to learn the Three Double Crochet Cluster (3dcCl)?
3 Double Crochet Cluster (3dcCl):
This variation of the cluster stitch works a 3 double crochet decrease into a single stitch. You’ll start out the same way you would make a double crochet, stopping just before the final pull through and making another (and then another) of the same half-formed double crochet into the same stitch as the first. Complete the cluster after your 3rd half-formed double crochet by yarning over and pulling through all four loops on your hook.
- Yarn over (yo), insert your hook into the indicated stitch, yo, pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops. You’ll have 2 loops left on your hook and one half-worked double crochet.
- Yo, insert hook into same stitch, repeat Step 1. You’ll have 3 loops on your hook and two half-worked double crochets.
- Repeat Step 2. You’ll have 4 loops on your hook and three half-worked double crochets
- Yo, pull through all 4 loops on hook
- Close your cluster with a chain stitch. (When working this stitch in rows, you will choose either the chain or the top of the cluster to work your subsequent row’s stitches into, but not both, else you will end up increasing the number of stitches)
See following step by step photos. If you would like to see this stitch in action, I have recorded a video for you on my YouTube Channel, which you can watch just below the photo tutorial.
Want to see this stitch in action? I’ve created a video tutorial for you!
Yay! Congrats on learning a new stitch! It’s one of my personal favorites, and I hope you enjoy using it in your future makes.
Want to stay up to date on all the latest tutorials, patterns, travels, and book reviews? How about exclusive offers and content delivered right to your inbox? Be sure to sign up for my email list and I’ll send you monthly recaps about what has been happening on the blog, as well as information I think you might find interesting! I try not to be spammy and you can unsubscribe at any time. Oh, and did I mention the exclusive content? I want to send you my handy Blanket Sizes sheet as a thank you for signing up! Find more info here, or click the button below to sign up now!